Former US Open champion Emma Raducanu has hinted at changes to her tournament scheduling after her first round loss to world number 30 Anhelina Kalinina at the Qatar Open on Monday.
The 21-year-old has failed to impress since the season after her 2021 Flushing Meadows triumph, while also being on the sidelines for eight months during an injury-hit 2023 due to wrist and ankle surgeries.
Returning to the tour last month, Raducanu suffered defeat in the second round at Auckland, the Australian Open and Abu Dhabi, before crashing 6-0 7-6(6) to Kalinina in Doha.
"It's hard for me to get used to the tour schedule," world number 262 Raducanu told Sky Sports. "It's one tournament then another straight away.
"I need to schedule my tournaments a bit better and try to get more matches under my belt."
Only a wildcard will allow Raducanu to play next week in Dubai but media reports said she would take some time off before returning for Indian Wells and Miami next month.
Raducanu made 48 unforced errors in her latest defeat and said playing during the day may have contributed to her lacklustre display.
"I was struggling with everything, serve, return, forehand, backhand. To be honest I felt like I never really got into it. It was a combination of things," she added.
"Honestly, I need to practice training outside a bit more because it's different and also the light, conditions, shadows - it's hard to see the ball, I found towards the end.
"When the tennis isn't there, you have to at least try to fight and I think I did that in the second set."