Former Test cricketer Shoaib Akhtar disassociated himself from his biopic, 'Rawalpindi Express'.
In a social media announcement on Saturday, Akhtar said he has parted ways with the makers of his biopic due to violation of the agreement.
"Very sadly, I would like to inform all of you that after careful consideration of months, I have decided to disassociate myself from the film 'Rawalpindi Express' and its makers by terminating the agreement through my management and legal team," he announced.
The legendary cricketer also warned makers of legal action if they continue making the film.
"Severe legal action will be taken if the makers continue to make biography film and use my name or life story events in any way," he mentioned.
Earlier this month, Pakistan's renowned singer and actor Umair Jaswal, who was supposed to play the role of 'Shoaib Akhtar' in the biopic, stepped away from the project.
"Due to creative and personal reasons, I have decided to step away from the Shoaib Akhtar biopic project RAWALPINDI EXPRESS. I will no longer be associated with any media or news related to this project. "Wishing everyone involved all the best," he shared on Twitter on January 5, 2023.
The film on the life of fastest bowler in the world was said to be released in November this year.